Contrasts of Europe - 16 Day Tour
Comfortable high-speed trains will escort you from London to Paris during this 14 night adventure through Europe. Prance Nice's glamorous promenade, meander the chic streets of Milan, cruise along the backwaters of Venice, admire Renaissance art in Florence and see first-hand the history Rome.
Call 877-929-7245 to book the Contrasts of Europe tour.
- Welcome Drink with your Tour Director in London.
- 14 hot buffet breakfasts.
- 1 three-course dinner with local wine.
- 2 local highlight restaurant dinners with wine on the French Riviera and in Florence.
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Rome.
- First Class hotel accommodation includes twin-bedded rooms with private facilities.
- All hotel service charges and tips, hotel baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- Porterage at train stations
- Touring by air-conditioned coach with reclining seats.
- Services of a professional multi-lingual Tour Director.
- A qualified local city guide in London, Paris, Venice, Florence and Rome.
- Eurostar high-speed train journey from London to Paris.
- TGV Mediteranée train journey from Paris to Nice.
- High-speed train journey from Venice to Florence.
- All rail service is reserved in standard class
- A stylish wallet, travel documents and Welcome on Tour book with map.
- Airport transfers are dependent on flight times.
- London Sightseeing featuring views of Buckingham Palace, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Big Ben.
- Paris Sightseeing includes views of the Arc de Triomphe, Champs Élysées, the Place de la Concorde and the ascent of the Eiffel Tower.
- Nice Orientation includes the Promenade des Anglais, the Place Massena and 'le vieux Nice'.
- Monte Carlo Evening excursion to see the famous casinos.
- Venice Canal cruise by private motor launch. See St. Mark's Square, the Basilica, Bridge of Sighs and Doge's Palace. Visit a traditional glass-blowing factory. Guided walking tour of 'Secret Venice' to the Rialto Bridge and famous fish market.
- Florence Views of Signoria Square and the marble Duomo. Visit the Basilica of Santa Croce. View the city from Piazzale Michelangelo.
- Rome Views of the Forum and Circus Maximus. Included visits to St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum.
Day 1- Depart USA
Overnight flight to London.
Day 2 - Arrive London
Welcome to London! Check into your hotel and enjoy the rest of the day at leisure. Tonight meet your Tour Director and companions for a Welcome Drink. Overnight London.
Day 3 - London Sightseeing & At Leisure
This morning a half-day sightseeing tour features the famous Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, the Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace. The rest of your day is free. Perhaps visit Camden Market, walk through Kensington Gardens, visit the Natural History Museum or take a Thames cruise to the Tower of London. Don't forget to take in a show at one of the world famous West End London theaters before leaving this fashionable city! Overnight London. (BB)
Day 4 - London to Paris
This morning you will be transferred to St. Pancras Station. Here board the ultra-modern high-speed Eurostar train to Paris. Delight in the scenery through Kent and Northern France en route to glamorous Paris. On arrival a coach will transfer you to your hotel. Overnight Paris. (BB)
Day 5 - Paris Sightseeing & At Leisure
After breakfast an expert guided sightseeing tour takes you from the Place de la Concorde along the Champs Élysées to the Arc de Triomphe. Next ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower for spectacular views over this well designed city. The remainder of your day is at leisure. Later perhaps enjoy a cabaret show or try some french onion soup in a brasserie! Overnight Paris. (BB)
Day 6 - Paris At Leisure
A full day to relax and explore. Your Tour Director will be happy to assist you to discover more of this beautiful and elegant city by suggesting the various options available. Overnight Paris. (BB)
Day 7 - Paris - Nice
Transfer to Paris' Gare de Lyon where you board the TGV Mediterranée, one of the French fleet's most recent trains. Your journey takes you through the hills of Burgundy, along the Rhône Valley, past the villages of Provence and the Luberon to the French Riviera. Admire stunning coastal scenery en route to elegant Nice. On arrival an orientation shows you the Promenade des Anglais, the Place Massena and 'le vieux Nice'. Then, after a Highlight Dinner of Niçoise in a local restaurant, head for Monte Carlo where you have the chance to 'break the bank' at one of the casinos! Overnight Nice. (BB, HD)
Day 8 - Day Excursion To Cannes
This morning after a leisurely breakfast a number of options are available for you to consider. You can either relax in Nice and enjoy the beaches or take the coach to Cannes for the morning with your Tour Director. The annual Cannes Film Festival makes this one of the most glamorous destinations in France! Return to Nice after lunch and then perhaps consider an excursion to St Paul de Vence. Overnight Nice. (BB)
Day 9 - Nice - Venice
Today a drive along the coastline as you leave France and enter into Italy. Your touring coach will take you across the Veneto Plains and into the magical city of Venice for a relaxing three-night stay close to St. Mark's Square. Overnight Venice. (BB, D)
Day 10 - Venice Orientation and At Leisure
This morning your Tour Director will take you on a private cruise to St. Mark's Square where you will see the Bridge of Sighs, Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. Next enjoy a demonstration of Murano glass-blowing in one of Venice's oldest workshops. Then time to enjoy the delights of this romantic city. Overnight Venice. (BB)
Day 11 - Venice Walking Tour and At Leisure
A full day at leisure in this unique city. Enjoy an included walking tour with a local expert guide from St. Mark's Square to the fish market close to the Rialto Bridge. Why not join an optional excursion to see some of the islands in the lagoon and have a delicious lunch? Or perhaps explore the narrow 'calle' and shop on the Rialto Bridge. This evening perhaps relax over cocktails in the hotel bar. Overnight Venice. (BB)
Day 12 - Venice - Florence
This morning you will board your train for the Renaissance city of Florence. Your train makes its way through the forested Apennine Mountains and into the region of Tuscany where the landscape so beloved of artists features terraced olive groves, vineyards and dark green cypress trees. This afternoon your local expert guide takes you on a walking tour of this magnificent city. Visit the Basilica of Santa Croce where you will see the tombs of Galileo, Machiavelli, Dante and Michelangelo. See the Piazza Signoria with many statues on display, the multi-colored marble Duomo and Bell Tower designed by Giotto. Enjoy the superb views over the city from Piazzale Michelangelo. Tonight enjoy a Highlight Dinner of local in a popular trattoria. Overnight Florence. (BB, HD)
Day 13 - Florence At Leisure
Today is completely at leisure so you have time to discover more or maybe shop for high quality leather and 18-carat gold. Tonight, it is suggested that you try out the local Tuscan cuisine and Chianti wine in one of the many outdoor restaurants in Florence. Overnight Florence. (BB)
Day 14 - Florence - Rome
This morning embark on your high-speed train journey which takes you past the peaceful scenery of Umbria to the 'Eternal City'. On arrival at Rome's Termini station your local expert guide will take you on an in-depth sightseeing tour by coach. Highlights include a visit to St. Peter's Basilica where you will see Michelangelo's 'Pieta' and enjoy views of the Forum and Circus Maximus. An included visit to the Colosseum will show you where and how gladiatorial events took place during Roman times. Overnight Rome. (BB)
Day 15 - Rome At Leisure
A full day at leisure to explore this incredible city. Why not take an optional excursion to the Sistine Chapel or visit the Catacombs? Then perhaps windowshop along the Via Condotti or explore the streets of Trastevere. Tonight, join your Tour Director for a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant. Overnight Rome. (BB, FD)
Day 16 - Rome - USA
This morning after breakfast your vacation must come to an end. Transfers available to Rome Fiumicino Airport. Conditions apply. (BB)
These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
Hotel Class Key (D=Deluxe, SF=Superior First Class, F=First Class Print)
Meals (BB = Buffet Breakfast, L = Lunch, HD=Highlight Dinner, D=Dinner, FD = Farewell Dinner)
Call 877-929-7245 today to book your Contrasts of Europe Tour.