Contrasts of Scandinavia & Russia - 11 Day Tour
By train and ferry we explore Stockholm, Helsinki and St. Petersburg. The gilded palaces, towering cathedrals, and fine statues we see along the way are a preview of the magnificence on display at the Hermitage Museum.
Call 877-929-7245 to book the
Contrasts of Scandinavia & Russia tour.
- Stockholm Visit the City Hall and old town. View the Royal Palace.
- Helsinki See Finlandia Hall, the Senate and Market Squares and the domed Russian Church.
- St Petersburg See the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Russian Museum, the Statue of Peter the Great, and visit the Peter and Paul Fortress. Guided visit to the Hermitage Museum. Excursion to see the gardens and fountains at Petrodvorets.
- Moscow See Red Square, St Basils Cathedral and enjoy an informative guided visit to the Kremlin.
- Welcome Drink with your Tour Director in Stockholm.
- 3 full Scandinavian breakfasts.
- 6 hot buffet breakfasts.
- Buffet dinner on overnight cruise.
- 2 three-course dinners.
- Farewell dinner with wine in Moscow.
- First Class hotel accommodation includes twin-bedded rooms with private facilities.
- All hotel service charges and tips, hotel baggage handling fees and local taxes included.
- porterage is not included at train stations.
- Sightseeing by air-conditioned coach with reclining seats.
- Overnight ferry from Stockholm to Helsinki.
- Express train from Helsinki to St. Petersburg.
- All rail service is reserved in standard class.
- The services of one of Trafalgar's top professional multi-lingual Tour Directors.
- A qualified local city guide in Stockholm, Helsinki, Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents and Welcome on Tour book with map.
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 2 and Day 11 conditions apply.
Day 1 - Depart USA
Overnight flight to Stockholm (not included).
Day 2 - Arrive Stockholm.
Welcome to Stockholm - the capital and largest city of Sweden! The city sits on 14 islands which form part of one of the biggest archipelagos of the Baltic Sea. Meet with your Tour Director and fellow this evening to enjoy a Welcome Drink. Later, there is time to take a stroll around the picturesque old town.
Hotel: Birger Jarl (F)
Day 3 - Stockholm Sightseeing - At Sea
Today your sightseeing tour includes the Royal Palace and a visit to the City Hall to see the Gold Room. Then free time to shop or wander before boarding your Silja Line ship for an overnight mini-cruise to Finland. (SBB, D)
Day 4 - At Sea - Helsinki
An early arrival in Helsinki this morning followed by a sightseeing tour showing Finlandia Hall, the Senate and Market Squares, broad boulevards and the domed Russian Church. This evening why not try a local restaurant and enjoy some of the Finnish cuisine. (SBB)
Hotel: Crowne Plaza (MD)
Day 5 - Helsinki - Train - St Petersburg (3 nights)
Today depart from Helsinki by train, passing by the timber centre of Kotka and through the forests of Karelia until you reach the Russian border. Russia is the largest country in the world covering more than a ninth of the Earth's land area. It also has nine time zones! The Russian Federation was founded following the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991. You will discover on your travel in St Petersburg and Moscow that this country has produced some of the greatest art and technology in the world. Who could forget that Yuri Gagarin became the first human in outer space and the first to orbit the earth in 1961. From the great Russian Empire of the 18th century to the Soviet era, you will find the history interesting and dramatic. Later arrive in the great historic and cultural city of St. Petersburg where you will enjoy complimentary Russian 'champagne' with dinner tonight. (SBB, D)
Hotel: Park Inn Nevsky (F)
Day 6 - St Petersburg Sightseeing and At Leisure
Featured on your included sightseeing tour this morning are the Tsar's Winter Palace, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Isaac's Cathedral, the Russian Museum, the statue of Peter the Great and a visit of the Peter and Paul Fortress. Later, enjoy an included excursion to Petrodvorets which was the summer palace of Peter the Great, with the chance to admire the beautiful gardens and fountains. (BB)
Day 7 - Hermitage Visit and At Leisure
This morning drive to the Hermitage Museum with your local expert guide and visit one of the largest collections of paintings and beautiful artefacts in the world. The Hermitage occupies six magnificent buildings situated along the embankment of the River Neva, right in the heart of St. Petersburg. Put together throughout two and a half centuries, the Hermitage collection of works of art which numbers over 3,000,000 items, represents the development of world culture and art from the Stone Age to the 20th century. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy, perhaps explore this beautiful city further or just relax in a café with a glass of ice cold vodka! (BB)
Day 8 - Train From St Petersburg To Moscow (3 nights)
You are transferred in the afternoon from your St. Petersburg hotel to the station to board your train for Moscow this is truly a global city and a major economic, political and financial player on the world stage. The Moscow Kremlin and Red Square are designated UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Enjoy a late dinner in the hotel on arrival this evening. (BB, D)
Hotel: Crowne Plaza (SF)
Day 9 - Moscow Sightseeing
Your expert guided sightseeing tour will show you Red Square, St. Basil's domed Cathedral and a visit to the Kremlin. Later enjoy time on your own to shop or explore. Tonight perhaps enjoy a thrilling night out at the Moscow State Circus or attend the ballet. (BB)
Day 10 - Moscow At Leisure
Today you have a full day at leisure to relax or take in the city sights. You may decide to take an excursion to Zagorsk which is a centre of ancient Roman art and architecture. Tonight enjoy a Farewell Dinner with your Tour Director and travelling companions. (BB, FD)
Day 11 - Depart Moscow
Time to bid farewell to Russia and your touring group as this memorable vacation comes to an end. Transfers are available. Conditions apply. (BB)
07, 14, 21, 28
04, 11, 18, 25
02, 09, 16, 23, 30
06, 13, 20, 27
03, 10, 17, 24
||Price per Person
|Apr 30 - May 27, 2011
|May 28 - Jun 10, 2011
|Jun 11 - Jul 01, 2011
|Jul 02 - Aug 12, 2011
|Aug 13 - Sep 02, 2011
|Sep 03 - Sep 23, 2011
|Sep 24 - Oct 18, 2011
These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
Hotel Class Key (D=Deluxe, SF=Superior First Class, F= irst Class)
Meals (BB = Buffet Breakfast, SBB = Scandinavian Buffet Breakfasts, D=Dinner, FD = Farewell Dinner)
Call 877-929-7245 today to book your Contrasts of Scandinavia & Russia Tour.