The perfect winter escape is just a state away! Travel by train from Los Angeles’ historic Union Station to one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, the Grand Canyon. This perfectly-planned getaway includes travel aboard Amtrak’s iconic Southwest Chief and the historic Grand Canyon Railway, accommodations in Williams and Grand Canyon National Park, sightseeing at the famous South Rim of the Canyon and more!
Want to leave from Chicago?
Snow Covered Grand Canyon
View from Desert View Point
- Santa Ana Canyon
- Cajon Pass
- Mojave Desert
- Colorado River
- Grand Canyon
- Mohave Point
- Hermits Rest
- Roundtrip transportation aboard Amtrak’s Southwest Chief (2 nights onboard train)
- Meals onboard the train when upgrading to a roomette or bedroom
- Roundtrip coach class train travel on the Grand Canyon Railway (upgrades available)
- One night at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel for your early morning arrival, allowing you to freshen up
- One night at Maswik Lodge
- Motorcoach South Rim tour
- Breakfast and dinner at the Grand Depot Cafe
- Roundtrip transfers from Williams Junction, AZ railway station to Grand Canyon Railway Hotel
Day One - Amtrak’s Southwest Chief to Arizona
Depart Los Angeles this evening aboard Amtrak’s Southwest Chief bound for Williams Junction, Arizona. Spend the evening relaxing aboard the train as you travel through some of the West’s amazing scenery. Overnight train. (D Sleeping Car passengers only)
Day 2 – Early arrival in Williams Junction
Early this morning the Southwest Chief pulls into Williams Junction. A room will be waiting for you at the Grand Canyon Railway Hotel. Take time for a bit more sleep before freshening up for breakfast at the Grand Depot Café. Afterwards, board the Grand Canyon Railway train for the scenic journey to the South Rim of the Canyon. This historic train was built more than a century ago to transport ore in the Wild West before becoming a passenger train to many notable people from U.S. presidents to movie stars. Upon arrival embark on a Freedom Tour of the Grand Canyon, offering an impressive overview—and stunning photo opportunities—of this amazing natural wonder. Overnight Maswik Lodge. (B)
Day 3 – Free Day at the Grand Canyon
The day is yours to explore the Grand Canyon at your leisure. You may wish to revisit sites from yesterday’s sightseeing tour or seek out new ones begging to share their history with you. There are several interesting structures worth visiting including Buckey O’Neill’s Cabin, the longest continually standing structure in the South Rim, or Desert View Watchtower with breathtaking views of the bottom of the Canyon and the Colorado River. Board the Grand Canyon Railway for the return trip to Williams late this afternoon. Enjoy dinner at the Grand Depot Café this evening followed by a bit of time to relax at the hotel before transferring to the Williams Junction Amtrak station, where you will catch the 9:30 pm Southwest Chief bound for Los Angeles. Overnight train. (D)
Day 4 – Arrival in Los Angeles’ historic Union Station
When you awake this morning you will be nearing Los Angeles, scheduled for a 8:15 am arrival at Union Station, where your winter escape to the Grand Canyon comes to a close. (B Sleeping Car passengers only).
Seniors discounts are available for travelers age 62+. Child rates are available for travelers age 2-15.
Call 877-929-7245 today to book your Winter Escape to the Grand Canyon.
* Arrival and Departure times are subject to change. Please be advised that passengers traveling on Southwest Chief Trains may encounter delays of approximately three to six hours due to heavy congestion, speed restrictions and other operating conditions.
Prices are land-only, per person based on double occupancy and are subject to change. All reservations are based on availability at time of booking.