Journey to the Great Smoky Mountains
Join us on a very special Autumn vacation to the Great Smoky Mountains that includes, in one relaxed holiday, every feature one would hope for on the Great American vacation!
Join us on a very special holiday to the Great Smoky Mountains that includes, in one relaxed holiday, every feature one would hope for on the Great American vacation: Complimentary travel to the start of the trip in Atlanta with an overnight stay at the superb Atlanta Hilton, two nights in lovely Asheville, North Carolina with a tour of the fabled Biltmore Estate of the Vanderbilts, two nights in the Great Smoky Mountains at the superb Park Vista Resort with complete touring and a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. Saving the best for last, we then board the newest paddlewheel riverboat in the world, the ‘Queen of the Mississippi” for a special voyage up the Cumberland and Ohio Rivers with some of the finest scenery in the South, especially at this time of the year. With fine dining, fantastic entertainment and the convenience of simply floating past some of the prettiest scenery in America there is simply no more comfortable or relaxing way to take in this part of the country. With superb hotels, brilliant sightseeing (all included in the fare), fine dining, the Great Smoky Mountains, Asheville, the ‘Queen of the Mississippi' and quaint and historic ports of call on our way to Memphis, there is only one key ingredient missing, you! We invite you to join us!
Highlights and Inclusions
- Complimentary train travel from any US city to Atlanta and the start of our tour when booked early.
- Superb hotels throughout including the Atlanta Hilton with a special welcome reception at famed Trader Vic's!
- Fully hosted by professional tour manager from start to finish, to handle all the details making your holiday even more enjoyable. Most meals with breakfast daily.
- Two-nights in lovely Asheville, North Carolina at the wonderfully located Doubletree Biltmore at the gates of the fabled Biltmore Estate of the Vanderbilt family. We have included a tour of Asheville as well.
- Biltmore Estate visit including lunch at Deerpark Restaurant on the Vanderbilt Estate.
- Two-nights at the excellent Park Vista Resort Hotel in Gatlinburg, TN, in the Great Smoky Mountains. All rooms at Park Vista have their own balcony.
- Complete tour of the most visited National Parks in America, Great Smoky Mountain National Park as well as a visit to Cades Cove, famed for its blue-misted mountains.
- The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad excursion train through Nantahala River Gorge with highlights like Horseshoe Curve, Fontana Lake Trestle and the Little Tennessee River, fantastic scenery during the height of Fall Colors.
- 'One Time' Seven-night voyage on the Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi Rivers from Nashville to Memphis through some of the prettiest scenery in America. In 2013, our guests rated the passage on the Cumberland River north of Nashville as the highlight of their entire vacation. We will visit the best of small-town America on the way with visits to Clarksville and Dover, Tennessee, Paducah and Columbus, Kentucky and New Madrid, Missouri before our arrival in Memphis, docked at the end of famouse Beale St. Naturally all meals & entertainment aboard the "Queen of the Mississippi" are included.
Day 1- Atlanta, GA
Guests arrive in Atlanta and transfer to the highly rated Atlanta Hilton for our overnight stay in the heart of downtown at this acclaimed hotel. A highlight tonight is our welcome reception at Trader Vic's, a nice way to meet your fellow travelers. The evening is at leisure. (R)
Day 2- Asheville, NC
A short but lovely drive to Asheville, NC where deluxe rooms await at the Doubletree Biltmore, located at the entrance to the fabled Vanderbilt Estate, a prime location. We have left the afternoon at leisure to explore the gorgeous town of Asheville with its great galleries, boutiques, shops and bookstores. A welcome dinner is included tonight with the evening free. Overnight at the Doubletree Biltmore. (B,D)
Day 3- Biltmore Estate
This morning, a guided city tour of Asheville including the Basilica of St. Lawrence, Grove Arcade and Grove Park Inn followed by the highlight, a tour of the Biltmore Estate followed by lunch on the estate in the Deerpark Restaurant. This afternoon see more of the town center or the Estate and all evening is at leisure to enjoy this enchanting town. Overnight at Doubletree Biltmore. (B,L)
Day 4- Great Smoky National Park
All Aboard as we depart the hotel for a ride on The Great Smoky Mountain Railroad this morning through Nantaha Gorge along the Little Tennessee River with highlights like Horseshoe Curve and Fontana Lake Trestle. After lunch, we drive to Gatlinburg through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Our hotel for the next two nights is the finest in the region, the superb Park Vista Resort in Gatlinburg, all rooms have balconies and rich appointments. (B)
Day 5- Great Smoky National Park
We depart this morning on a scenic tour of Cades Cove, a breathtakingly beautiful 11-mile loop road through the Smokies with pioneer homesteads with the backdrop of blue-misted mountains. Wildlife is abundant and you will want to have your camera ready! You are free to explore Gatlinburg before our dinner later tonight at the Old Mill Restaurant. (B,L,D)
Day 6- The Queen of the Mississippi
After breakfast at the hotel, we have a short scenic drive to Nashville, where we board our paddlewheeler, the Queen of the Mississippi. Later tonight, we set sail on a journey back in time, steaming up the Cumberland River.
Day 7- Clarksville, TN
Known as “The Queen City of Cumberland,” Clarksville is a town that became industrialized after the Civil War. Visit the award-winning Beachaven Winery and Vineyard to learn about the art of wine making during your visit here.
Day 8- Dover, TN
As the ship nears the tranquil town of Dover, Tennessee, you will be able to experience the wonder of Kentucky Lake, the largest world's largest manmade lake. Venture inland to experience the Land Between the Lakes. With over 170,000 acres, the Land Between the Lakes is a place of beauty, history, and adventure. This esteemed nature park has a wide variety of recreational opportunities for your enjoyment.
Day 9- Paducah, KY
Known as the city of art, rhythm and rivers, Paducah boasts a lively Lowertown Arts District, the renowned River Heritage Museum, a Save America's Treasures project, and tours via foot, trolley or horse-drawn carriage reveal its charm. Civil War.
Day 10- Columbus, KY
Columbus is the oldest town in the Jackson Purchase region of Kentucky. Today, remnants of the Civil War are still present, connecting the past and present at Columbus-Belmont State Park. This 156 acre park and interpretive center offers visitors a look back into the American Civil War.
Day 11- New Madrid, MO
Founded in 1789 and located on a bend in the Mississippi River, New Madrid is the oldest city west of the Mississippi. While in New Madrid, be sure to learn about this river town at The New Madrid Historical Museum.
Day 12- On the River
Settle into a rocking chair and just let the scenery glide by. Or join in the fun of our numerous onboard activities. Your full day of leisurely riverboating on the river sets the tone for an unforgettable vacation.
Day 13- Memphis, TN
After breakfast, guests disembark the steamboat for travel home or may extend their stay in Memphis, taking advantage of our special hotel rates. Memphis is rightfully referred to as the birthplace of rock 'n' roll. Popular attractions are dispersed throughout the city such as Graceland or the Mississippi River Museum.
Dates & Prices
Select from the packages below to view prices for this tour.
|8th September 2014||$4,895||Book Now|
|8th September 2014||$5,495||Book Now|
|8th September 2014||$5,995||Book Now|
|8th September 2014||$6,145||Book Now|
|8th September 2014||$7,495||Book Now|
Please enter the child's age.
Please enter the children's ages.
Please enter the children's ages.
Please enter the children's ages.
Outside A: Departs 8th September 2014 ($4,895)
Private Balcony AAR: Departs 8th September 2014 ($5,495)
Private Balcony AAL: Departs 8th September 2014 ($5,995)
Private Balcony AAC: Departs 8th September 2014 ($6,145)
Owners Suite: Departs 8th September 2014 ($7,495)
Port fees of $109 per person not included in the above fares.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner