Junior FIT Product Manager
Junior FIT Product Manager is responsible for the profitable development and management of Vacations By Rail independent (FIT) products through contracting, pricing and go-to-market execution of itineraries that deliver planned volume, margin, revenue targets, and customer satisfaction. S/he will participate in the development of innovative, competitive itineraries that attract and entice new customers as well as surprise and delight our past customers. This role requires an individual with travel industry experience in product development and relationship management who can think and act strategically. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast pace, highly engaged environment, and looks to challenge the status quo.
Reporting into the Head of FIT Product, this highly cross-functional role requires excellent collaboration across all departments and will serve as the internal and external FIT Product expert for all stakeholder departments. This position demands strong project management skills, attention to detail, passion to understand customers, innovative thinking, and a positive attitude.
- Responsible for negotiating competitive rates, inclusions and service level agreements with DMCs, hotel, rail/transport and/or other suppliers who offer critical components of our FIT vacation itineraries
- Build relationships with existing suppliers and source new suppliers as required to encourage new ideas and innovative solutions to challenges
- Proactively offer suggestions for refinements to existing itineraries and/or new itineraries leveraging data and insights from customer feedback, competitors and market trends
- Responsible for the end-to-end process to bring a product to market including contract negotiation, pricing/repricing, competitive analysis, product marketing, sales training and analysis
- Continually review the performance and take ownership for the success of FIT itineraries; monitor results and recommend actions to gain market share and/or increase profitability
- Conduct ongoing product training and answer ad hoc questions from sales agents; ensure sales team has the expertise and confidence required to qualify and educate clients as well as close the sale
- Responsible for the seamless loading of all FIT products and suppliers; aggregate and organize all contractual details and information to minimize mistakes and/or confusion; ensure alignment among stakeholders in product implementation, operations and accounting
- Educate marketing team on product positioning, highlights, and unique selling points (USPs) and ensure team has the information they need to appropriately present product in marketing materials; responsible for proofing marketing materials ensure USP are highlighted and all information is thorough and accurate
- Work collaboratively with the Operations team on customer communication, making sure important details and/or included services are communicated effectively, and to ensure seamless operation of each itinerary
- Develop, analyze and distribute reports to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively identifies and implements solutions to reduce costs, streamline processes and/or directly improve the customer experience
- Coordinate with global teams and partner across international markets to ensure product meets customer and business needs; take a customer-centric approach and drive to exceed customer expectations at every turn
- Actively contribute to the organization in a collaborative and meaningful way that helps support, inspire, and motivate fellow colleagues and managers alike
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business
- Minimum five years' experience in product management at a FIT packaged travel business or travel wholesaler
- Positive attitude, creative and innovative personality, and strong ability to solve for yes
- Desire to bring teams together cross functionally and collaboratively in a team environment
- Track record of success in successively more complex and/or higher value contract negotiations
- Strong knowledge of key destinations and attractions within North America and Europe Established relationships with key suppliers in Canada, the US and Europe
- Understanding of and/or experience in rail travel preferred
- Highly analytical; comfortable analyzing data to identify trends
- Problem-solver who demonstrates tenacity and the ability to achieve results despite obstacles
- Ability to take complex concepts and skills into small, manageable "chunks"
- Articulates thoughts and ideas clearly, concisely, and persuasively (both written and verbal)
- Self-starter with hands-on approach and ability to multi-task
- Team player with an entrepreneurial-spirit and desire to help build a new function from the ground up
- Tech-savvy with proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
To apply: Send your resume to [email protected].