Traveling Safe Together
While specific requirements will vary based on state and local guidelines, we are working closely with our suppliers and destination partners to verify their cleanliness and hygiene policies and procedures throughout our complete collection of rail itineraries. The following are aspects of your trip experience where you will notice we are traveling safer together.
On Transportation: All trains-including long-distance, short-haul, and heritage railways--and motorcoaches are subject to regular cleaning procedures and daily maintenance.
In Accommodations: We have verified that all the properties included in our itineraries have introduced cleanliness standards and disinfecting procedures for hotel rooms and common areas alike.
At Attractions & Activities: Our partners, in compliance with state and local guidelines, have made modifications as needed so travelers are able to remain socially distant while enjoying the activity or attraction.
For Escorted Programs: Additionally, we have implemented changes so travelers on our escorted programs are able to travel safe together, specifically:
- Effective January 18, 2022, all guests originating from the US and traveling on a VBR or GRJ escorted tour or GRJ river cruise itinerary in 2022 must be full vaccinated against COVID-19. Travelers must be able to show proof of vaccination status, including full name and vaccination dates with the second dose administered a minimum of two weeks prior to departure. Please be aware you may encounter additional requirements dependent on the entry requirements of destination(s) you are visiting.
- Reduced group size to allow for physical distancing
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the tour
- Enhanced sanitation and sterilization procedures
- Health and safety training for all Tour Managers
- Health self-certification required for all travelers
Since policies vary from city to city and can change at any time, travelers will receive a summary of safety procedures and requirements customized to their specific itinerary as part of their travel documents.