See the World by Train and Save
Early Booking Bonus & Other Fall Specials
Book Early & Get More!
Discover more of North America by rail with early booking bonuses on popular USA and Canada train vacations. Book a qualifying 2014 vacation by December 13, 2013 and select the complimentary travel add-on of your choice. Options include pre- or post-night hotel stays, sightseeing tours, shore excursions, upgrades on the Grand Canyon Railway, and connecting rail travel.
Special offer is valid on new 2014 bookings made by December 13, 2013. Maximum bonus offer value of $175 per couple. Complimentary hotel night in Canada must be in the same class of service as vacations package. Offer has no cash value and is non-transferable. Terms and conditions apply. This special offer is combinable with your everyday member benefit.
Exclusive Getaways for AARP Members
A Tale of Two Cities via Pullman
Chicago and New Orleans - 7-day/6-night from $2,433
Embrace the Golden Era of rail travel on this 7-day vacation connecting two historic American cities, Chicago and New Orleans, with a premier overnight rail journey aboard restored private Pullman rail cars. This well-planned itinerary includes deluxe hotel accommodations in Chicago for two nights and New Orleans for three nights, comprehensive sightseeing excursions in each city, and the overnight rail journey aboard Pullman in a private Double Bedroom compartment. The onboard experience includes freshly prepared meals and classic cocktails served in the Dining Car. Onboard amenities include entertainment, snacks, and beverage service in the Lounge Car, room service, and WiFi accessibility!
To take advantage of this special offer, speak with a rail specialist at 1-888-323-4200.
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.
Official Rules - Vacations By Rail New England Fall Colors, Scenic Trains & Martha's Vineyard Sweepstakes
Please click here to view the official contest rules.