See the World by Train and Save
New Rail-River Cruise Journeys in Europe
Five-Star. All-Inclusive. Luxury European river cruises.
Embark on the ultimate rail and river cruise experience in Europe or create your own by pairing any Scenic Cruise with a pre- or post-cruise rail package! Luxury Scenic Space-Ships glide along Europe’s famed waterways, offering unforgettable scenery at every river bend. Shore excursions offer memorable experiences as you explore historic towns and their famous sites with local guides. Dine on gourmet meals, toast to a spectacular vacation with premium drinks, and be pampered with the exclusive amenities of a personal butler and concierge service at every port.
Well-planned itineraries include:
Add your AARP member benefit to any of Vacations By Rail’s Scenic Cruises holidays
Save up to 10% on Ireland Rail Vacations
You don’t need the luck of the Irish to take advantage of great savings on our new Ireland rail vacations. But you do need to book by March 31. Discover the best of Ireland as you visit top destinations including Dublin, Killarney, Shannon, Galway and Belfast. Qualifying vacations include:
South of France & Provence Rail-Cruise Specials
Book the October 1, 2015 departure of South of France & Provence River Cruise and add one of the following limited time special offers of your choosing!
- 2 for 1 Airfare: Buy one airfare, and you and your travel companion get one free!
- Single Supplement Waived for Solo Travelers: Solo travelers pay the twin per person rate – a savings of up to $2,534.
Save up to $7056 on France Rail-River Cruises
Book a qualifying 2015 departure of the luxury South of France rail-river cruise vacation, and save up to $7056 per couple. Discover charming towns, hilltop villages, lavender fields and Romanesque architecture as you travel from Paris to Nice on this 14-day vacation. Qualifying departures: May 2, May 9, and May 23.Does not include port and sundry charges of $420 per person. Itinerary and departures subject to change. All prices are in USD and based on per passenger twin share. Vacation must be paid in-full at time of booking to take advantage of special savings. Offer valid for new bookings only.
Save 20% Per Person on Rail Vacations
Book a qualifying 2015 rail vacation and save 20% per person off the package price. Qualifying vacations include:
Save 10% on Locally-Hosted European Rail Vacations
Save 10% on the qualifying European rail vacations including :
- A Week in London & Paris
- Budapest, Vienna & Prague
- Geneva and Lucerne with Mont Blanc
- London, Paris, Aix-en-Provence & Nice
- London, Paris, Barcelona & Madrid
Save $2500 per couple on Summer 2015 Rail-Cruise Vacations
Canada Sale Extended! Save up to $800 per couple
With the strong US Dollar, there has never been a better time to go to Canada! Book a qualifying Canada rail vacation and save up to $800 per couple on rail vacations and up to $400 per couple on Canada rail-cruise packages. Tiered savings are based on the package price.
- Save $150 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $300 per person for packages priced at $3,001 to $4000
- Save $400 per person for packages greater than $4,000
- Save $75 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $150 per person for packages prices at $3,001 to $4,000
- Save $200 per person for packages greater than $4,000
Extended! Free Hotel Room Upgrade on New Vietnam Rail Vacations
Explore Vietnam by train! Vacations By Rail is pleased to offer 3 new rail vacations in Vietnam. For a limited time, book a 2015 vacation and receive a free hotel room upgrade in your arrival city!
Qualifying vacations include:
Save $200 per couple European Rail Vacations
Save $200 per couple on select European rail vacations of 6 nights or more. Qualifying vacations include:
Save 5% on Summer Rail Vacations
Save 5% per person on 2015 summer departures of the following popular global rail tours:
- Contrasts of Europe
- Contrasts of Italy
- Contrasts of Switzerland
- European Interlude
- Best of Finland, Russia & the Baltic States
- European Highlights with Eurostar
- Highlights of Peru
- Paris & Provence
- Scenic Europe
- Wonders of St. Petersburg & Moscow
- London & Paris
- London, Paris & Rome
- Splendors of Japan with Hiroshima
- Traditional Europe
- Wonderful France
Save $200 per Couple on Global Train Tours
Book a 2015 departure of the following train tours to popular destinations around the world, and save $200 per couple!
- Alpine Lakes & Scenic Trains
- Beauty of Japan
- Bella Italia
- Canadian Rockies by Train
- Canadian Rockies & Alaska
- England’s Treasures
- France Magnifique
- Mysteries of India
- London & Paris
- Peru – Ancient Land of Mysteries
- Trains of the Colorado Rockies
- Spain’s Costal Del Sol & the Portuguese Riviera
- Treasures of France
Complimentary 2-Cabin Category Upgrade – Save up to $3800
Book a 2015 rail-river cruise vacation aboard the American Queen or American Empress and receive a 2-cabin category upgrade – a savings of up to $3,800 per stateroom!
Qualifying vacations include:
Extended! Stay & Play in the Canadian Rockies with up to $1300 in Added Value
Receive up to $1300 per couple* in added value on qualifying Rocky Mountaineer vacations of 4 nights or more when you book by April 3, 2015.
Added value credit can be used towards:
- Extra hotel nights in any destination in your vacation package
- Airport transfers
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.