See the World by Train and Save
Rail through the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies are home to stunning national parks and charming alpine towns and are hands down one of Canada’s most popular vacation destinations. And getting there is half the fun! Don’t miss out on a single sight as you embark on an all-daylight rail journey onboard the famous Rocky Mountaineer into the heart of the Canadian Rockies. A Canadian Rockies rail vacation includes not only one of the greatest rail journeys but stays in world-class destinations like Jasper National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, and Calgary.
Download Rail through the Canadian Rockies for your guide to rail vacations in this sought-after destination.
New Rail-River Cruise Journeys in Europe
Five-Star. All-Inclusive. Luxury European river cruises.
Embark on the ultimate rail and river cruise experience in Europe or create your own by pairing any Scenic Cruise with a pre- or post-cruise rail package! Luxury Scenic Space-Ships glide along Europe’s famed waterways, offering unforgettable scenery at every river bend. Shore excursions offer memorable experiences as you explore historic towns and their famous sites with local guides. Dine on gourmet meals, toast to a spectacular vacation with premium drinks, and be pampered with the exclusive amenities of a personal butler and concierge service at every port.
Well-planned itineraries include:
Add your AARP member benefit to any of Vacations By Rail’s Scenic Cruises holidays
Save $100 on new Downton Abbey & English Castles Tour
Save $100 per person on the August 16 departure of the new Downton Abbey & English Castles tour, which visits popular sites used in PBS’s most-watched series including Highclere Castle, known as Downton Abbey in the series, Bampton and Waddesdon Manor plus many famous UK sites like Windsor Castle, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and more.Per person savings is for new 2015 bookings made by May 29.
Receive up to $200 in Shipboard Credits
Receive up to $200 per cabin in shipboard credits on new 2015 rail & Alaska cruise vacations. Shipboard credits may be applied to shipboard shopping, spa sessions, wine with dinner and specialty dining or towards shore excursions including flightseeing, glacier exploring, river rafting, and more.
Travelers will also enjoy an onboard value booklet containing value-added money-savings certificates with possible total savings of $350 per person.
Qualifying vacations include:
- Alaska by Land & Sea featuring 3 nights in Denali
- Canada's Rockies & Alaska Cruise
- Coast Starlight with Alaska Cruise
- Empire Builder with Glacier National Parks & Alaska Cruise
- Empire Builder with Alaska Cruise
- Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska by Sea
- Trans Canada by Rail & Alaska by Sea
- Yosemite & Denali National Parks with Cruise
Save more than $470 on Canadian Rockies Winter Wonderland
Book 2015/16 departures of Canadian Rockies Winter Wonderland by August 31, and save more than $470 per person!Savings is available for new 2015/16. Vacation must be booked and paid in full by August 31, 2015. Offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Save $150 on Wonderful France
Save $150 per person on fall and winter departures of Wonderful France. Book by August 31 to take advantage of this special offer.Savings is available for new 2015/16. Vacation must be booked and paid in full by August 31, 2015. Offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Save $2500 per couple on Summer 2015 Rail-Cruise Vacations
Canada Sale Extended! Save up to $800 per couple
With the strong US Dollar, there has never been a better time to go to Canada! Book a qualifying Canada rail vacation and save up to $800 per couple on rail vacations and up to $400 per couple on Canada rail-cruise packages. Tiered savings are based on the package price.
- Save $150 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $300 per person for packages priced at $3,001 to $4000
- Save $400 per person for packages greater than $4,000
- Save $75 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $150 per person for packages prices at $3,001 to $4,000
- Save $200 per person for packages greater than $4,000
Save up to $200 per couple on global rain tours
Book a 2015 departure of the following train tours to popular destinations around the world, and save up to $200 per couple.
- Alpine Lakes & Scenic Trains
- Beauty of Japan
- Bella Italia
- Canadian Rockies by Train
- Canadian Rockies & Alaska
- England’s Treasures
- France Magnifique
- Mysteries of India
- London & Paris
- Peru – Ancient Land of Mysteries
- Trains of the Colorado Rockies
- Spain’s Costal Del Sol & the Portuguese Riviera
- Treasures of France
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.