See the World by Train and Save
Discover the Canadian Rockies By Rail
Travel into the heart of the Canadian Rockies, where classic rail adventures meet the lakes and mountains, with one of Vacations By Rail’s Canadian Rockies rail adventures. The Canadian Rockies is home to 5 national parks, charming alpine towns and an endless array of activities. Whether you opt for an all-daylight rail journey or an adventure aboard Canada’s premier overnight train, each vacation showcases the best of Alberta. Choose your Canadian Rockies rail adventure →
2014 Special Offers
Save $400 per person on New Orleans Holiday & the Spirit of the Antebellum South
Save $400 per person on December 2014 departures of New Orleans Holiday & the Spirit of the Antebellum South rail-river cruise vacation!Offer expires November 21, 2014, and is valid on new bookings only. Full payment at time of booking is required to redeem this offer. Offer not valid on Group bookings or existing reservations. Offer is based on cabin availability and while inventory lasts. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
2015 Early Booking Bonus: Book Early & Get More
Book any 2015 USA or Canada rail vacation or rail-cruise package of $1000 or more per person from the Vacations By Rail brochure, and select one of the following complimentary travel add-ons to include with your package:
- Free pre- or post-night hotel stay
- Free coach class connecting rail
Book by October 31, 2014 to take advantage of this special bonus offer on 2015 train vacations!Special offer is valid on new 2015 bookings made by October 31, 2014. Maximum bonus offer value is $175 per couple. Complimentary hotel night in Canada must be in the same class of service as vacation package. Offer has no cash value and is non-transferable. Terms and conditions may apply.
Add Free Hotels, Sightseeing and More to 2015 Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
Enjoy up to $1,200 per couple in added value on qualifying 2015 Rocky Mountaineer vacations of 4 nights or more. Added value credit can be used towards:
- Additional hotel nights in any destination in your package
- Additional activities and tours
- Whistler Sea to Sky Climb
- And more!
Save 50% per Stateroom on Select River Cruises
Save 50% per stateroom on the following rail-river cruise vacations:
- New Year’s and the Antebellum South River Cruise ~ December 26, 2014 departure
- Pacific Northwest & the Columbia River ~ October 29, 2014 departure
- Coast Starlight & the Columbia River ~ October 31, 2014 departure
Offer expires December 23, 2014, and is valid on new bookings only. Full payment is required at time of booking to redeem offer. This offer is based on cabin availability and only while inventory lasts. Promotional fares are capacity controlled and may vary by sailing. Not valid on group bookings or existing reservations and cannot be combined with other rail-cruise offers, promotions or discounts. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Save up to $1,676 per couple on select Summer 2015 European Train Vacations
Save up to $1,676 per couple on select summer 2015 European train vacations with a 10% Early Payment Discount. Qualifying vacations include:
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.