See the World by Train and Save
Rail through the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies are home to stunning national parks and charming mountain towns, and are hands-down one of Canada’s most popular vacation destinations. Discover hidden waterfalls, deep canyons, massive glaciers and placid lakes. Don’t miss out on a single sight from your perch in a comfortable dome car onboard Rocky Mountaineer, traveling into the heart of the Canadian Rockies on an acclaimed rail adventure. With a favorable exchange rate and unmatched travel deals, there has never been a better time for a rail vacation in Canada.
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Free Hotel Offer
Book a qualifying 2016 Rocky Mountaineer rail vacation of four or more nights by June 24, and extend your stay with a FREE additional hotel night in Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria or Calgary.Offer is available for new bookings made by June 24, 2016 to travel on selected between April and October 2016. Applicable to qualifying rail vacations of 4 or more nights. Free hotel will match the accommodation grade of the vacation package. Free Vancouver, Victoria or Calgary accommodations can only be added to a Rocky Mountaineer package starting or ending in Vancouver or Calgary. Free Seattle hotel night can only be added to a Rocky Mountaineer package including Coastal Passage. not available for Group Tour bookings. Not applicable to child prices, or 2- or 3-day rail only bookings. Deposits required at time of booking. Offer is subject to availability, has no cash value and is non-transferable. Offer is capacity-controlled and may be modified, withdrawn or amended without prior notice. Additional conditions may apply.
Single Supplement Waived on 2016 Rail & River Cruise Vacations
Single supplements are waived on the following rail-river cruise vacations in Europe:
Save $500 per couple on 2016 Rail & River Cruise Vacations
Save $500 per couple on select 2016 rail-river cruise vacations in Europe including:
Save up to $1,000 on Rail-Cruise Vacations PLUS Free Value-Added Options
Book a qualifying 2016 rail-cruise vacation and save up to $1000 per stateroom PLUS receive these exceptional bonuses:
- FREE $100 Beverage Card
- FREE gratuities*
- FREE or reduced fares for Friends & Kids*
Plus, book a Suite and receive 200 Free Internet Minutes and up to $500 Free Onboard Spending Money.
Qualifying vacations and departure dates include:
- Canada’s Rockies & Alaska Cruise – July 6, August 3, September 7, 2016
- Coast Starlight with Alaska Cruise – June 30, August 4, September 1, 2016
- Eastern Canada Rail & Cruise – August 19, September 16, October 1
- Empire Builder with Alaska Cruise – June 29, August 3, August 31
- Empire Builder, Glacier National Park & Alaska Cruise – June 25, July 30, 2016
- Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska by Sea – July 19, August 16, August 30
- Trans Canada by Rail & Alaska by Sea – July 6, August 3, September 7
- Yukon and Triple Denali – July 27 and August 3, 2016
2017 Early Booking Bonus: Save 5% on 2017 Asia & South Pacific
Save 5% per person when you book a 2017 departure of the following rail vacations:
- Discover Japan with Hiroshima
- Great Adventure Down Under
2017 Early Booking Bonus: Save 10% on 2017 Global Rail Vacations
Save 10% per person when you book a 2017 departure of the following rail vacations:
- German Highlights
- Great Canadian Rail Journey
- Great Resorts of the Canadian Rockies with the Rocky Mountaineer
- Holland, Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris
- Legacy of the Incas
- Spectacular Alaska
- Spirit of the Rockies
The Gift of Rail Travel
A Vacations By Rail gift certificate gives memories that last a lifetime! Recipients can apply their gift certificate to any rail vacations offered by Vacations By Rail. To purchase a gift certificate, call 877-929-7245.
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP member benefits are provided by third parties, not by AARP or its affiliates. Providers pay a royalty fee to AARP for the use of its intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP. Some provider offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact the provider directly for details.