See the World by Train and Save
Discover the Canadian Rockies By Rail
Travel into the heart of the Canadian Rockies, where classic rail adventures meet the lakes and mountains, with one of Vacations By Rail’s Canadian Rockies rail adventures. The Canadian Rockies is home to 5 national parks, charming alpine towns and an endless array of activities. Whether you opt for an all-daylight rail journey or an adventure aboard Canada’s premier overnight train, each vacation showcases the best of Alberta. Choose your Canadian Rockies rail adventure →
2014 Special Offers
Spring Bonus on Select Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
Book a qualifying Rocky Mountaineer vacation of 6 or more nights in GoldLeaf Deluxe, GoldLeaf or SilverLeaf Service and receive a free additional hotel night in Vancouver -- OR, if your package includes the new Coastal Passage route between Seattle and Vancouver, receive a free additional hotel night in Seattle plus breakfast and dinner at the hotel.
Qualifying vacations include:
- Canadian Rockies Getaway
- Canadian Rockies Highlights with Coastal Passage
- Grand Rail Circle
- Northern Explorer
- Western Explorer
- Western Explorer & Coastal Passage
Book by May 2, 2014 to take advantage of this special offer.
Terms and conditions apply. Add your Everyday Member Benefit for additional savings!
To take advantage of this special offer, speak with a rail specialist at 1-888-323-4200.
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.