See the World by Train and Save
New Rail-River Cruise Journeys in Europe
Five-Star. All-Inclusive. Luxury European river cruises.
Embark on the ultimate rail and river cruise experience in Europe or create your own by pairing any Scenic Cruise with a pre- or post-cruise rail package! Luxury Scenic Space-Ships glide along Europe’s famed waterways, offering unforgettable scenery at every river bend. Shore excursions offer memorable experiences as you explore historic towns and their famous sites with local guides. Dine on gourmet meals, toast to a spectacular vacation with premium drinks, and be pampered with the exclusive amenities of a personal butler and concierge service at every port.
Well-planned itineraries include:
Add your AARP member benefit to any of Vacations By Rail’s Scenic Cruises holidays
Allons-y! An Insider’s Guide to Quebec City & Montréal
Quebec offers a distinctive blend of history and culture that accents every trip to this lovely province and makes the must-see cities of Quebec City and Montreal top destinations for Canada rail vacations. Québec’s aristocratic French heritage and North American grit have mingled over the generations to produce a culture that is entirely unique. In Québec, you’ll get all the style and glamour of France with the down-to-earth pleasantness of Canada.
Keep reading for suggestions to make the most of your next Québec rail adventure >>
Book Early & Save up to $1,600 per couple on New Luxury River Cruises
Book a 2015 departure of the following luxury European river cruises and enjoy special early booking savings. Book by February 27!
- Save up to $1,600 per couple on Gems of the Danube
- Save up to $1,000 per couple on Jewels of Europe, Black Sea Explorer, Romantic Rhine & Moselle, Vienna to the Danube Delta, Christmas Markets, Danube Discovery Christmas Markets and Christmas River Cruise
- Save up to $800 per couple on Imperial Jewels of Russia
- Save up to $650 per couple on Gems of the Seine, Bordeaux River Cruise, South of France, and Enchanting Rhone
- Save up to $600 per couple on Highlights of the Rhine and Dutch Sights & Belgian Delights
Canada Sale! Save up to $800 per couple
With the strong US Dollar, there has never been a better time to go to Canada! Book a qualifying Canada rail vacation and save up to $800 per couple on rail vacations and up to $400 per couple on Canada rail-cruise packages. Tiered savings are based on the package price.
- Save $150 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $300 per person for packages priced at $3,001 to $4000
- Save $400 per person for packages greater than $4,000
- Save $75 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $150 per person for packages prices at $3,001 to $4,000
- Save $200 per person for packages greater than $4,000
Free Hotel Room Upgrade on New Vietnam Rail Vacations
Explore Vietnam by train! Vacations By Rail is pleased to offer 3 new rail vacations in Vietnam. For a limited time, book a 2015 vacation and receive a free hotel room upgrade in your arrival city!
Qualifying vacations include:
Save $200 per couple European Rail Vacations
Save $200 per couple on select European rail vacations of 6 nights or more. Qualifying vacations include:
$200 Air Credit on 2015 South America Vacations
Receive a $200 per person air credit when you book a qualifying air-inclusive South America vacation. Choose from the following:
Complimentary 2-Cabin Category Upgrade – Save up to $3800
Book a 2015 rail-river cruise vacation aboard the American Queen or American Empress and receive a 2-cabin category upgrade – a savings of up to $3,800 per stateroom!
Qualifying vacations include:
Stay & Play in the Canadian Rockies with up to $1300 in Added Value
Receive up to $1300 per couple* in added value on qualifying Rocky Mountaineer vacations of 4 nights or more when you book by February 27, 2015.
Added value credit can be used towards:
- Extra hotel nights in any destination in your vacation package
- Airport transfers
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.