See the World by Train and Save
Rail through the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies are home to stunning national parks and charming alpine towns and are hands down one of Canada’s most popular vacation destinations. And getting there is half the fun! Don’t miss out on a single sight as you embark on an all-daylight rail journey onboard the famous Rocky Mountaineer into the heart of the Canadian Rockies. A Canadian Rockies rail vacation includes not only one of the greatest rail journeys but stays in world-class destinations like Jasper National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, and Calgary.
Download Rail through the Canadian Rockies for your guide to rail vacations in this sought-after destination.
New Rail-River Cruise Journeys in Europe
Five-Star. All-Inclusive. Luxury European river cruises.
Embark on the ultimate rail and river cruise experience in Europe or create your own by pairing any Scenic Cruise with a pre- or post-cruise rail package! Luxury Scenic Space-Ships glide along Europe’s famed waterways, offering unforgettable scenery at every river bend. Shore excursions offer memorable experiences as you explore historic towns and their famous sites with local guides. Dine on gourmet meals, toast to a spectacular vacation with premium drinks, and be pampered with the exclusive amenities of a personal butler and concierge service at every port.
Well-planned itineraries include:
Add your AARP member benefit to any of Vacations By Rail’s Scenic Cruises holidays
Fly Free – Or Almost Free – to Canada
Book your Canada winter rail vacation by October 16, 2015 and receive up to $500 per person in air credits! Qualifying vacations include:
- Winter in Western Canada
- Winter in the Rockies
- Winter in Banff, Jasper & Whistler
- Canadian Snow Train
- Canadian Snow Train with Jasper
All credits are tiered savings based on per person package price:
- $200 per person air credit for vacations priced at $1000-$3000
- $400 per person air credit for vacations priced at $3001-$3999
- $500 per person air credit for vacations priced at $4000 or more
Free Rail Upgrade on Grand Canyon Rail Vacations
Book a qualifying Grand Canyon winter rail vacation and receive a free one category rail upgrade on the Grand Canyon Railway.
- Upgrade from Coach (included) to First Class
- Pay for First Class and get Observation Dome
- Pay for Observation Dome and get Luxury Dome or Luxury Parlor
This offer is valid on Grand Canyon Rails to the Rim Adventure (roundtrip Chicago or roundtrip Los Angeles) and Southwest Chief with the Grand Canyon rail vacations booked by October 23, 2015 for travel November 1, 2015 to March 31, 2016. Combine this offer with 2016 Early Booking Bonuses for valuable travel add-ons.Available for new bookings only made by October 23, 2015 for travel November 1, 2015 - March 31, 2016. Coach class rail onboard the Grand Canyon Railway is included in qualifying Grand Canyon rail vacations. Upgrades from First Class and Observation Dome require a supplement of up to $134 per person. Upgrades are based on availability. Offer is combinable with 2016 Early Booking Bonus. Offer has no cash value and is non-transferable. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Canadian Rockies Deal of the Year: Free Rail Upgrade OR $200 Air Credit. And Add Your Early Booking Bonus!
Book a qualifying April or October Canadian Rockies rail vacation onboard Rocky Mountaineer and receive a FREE rail upgrade from SilverLeaf to GoldLeaf Service OR a $200 per person air credit. Plus, add early booking bonuses including a free pre- or post-night hotel stay and up to $400 per person in early booking savings* to your booking for unmatched value.
Qualifying vacations include:
Book a European River Cruise, Fly For $495 Roundtrip
Book qualifying suite accommodations on select 2016 rail-cruise vacations by November 30, 2015 and fly round trip to Europe for $495 per person:Offer is available on select 2016 departures. Airfare is available from 20 gateway cities; call for details. Offer based on limited availability and can be pulled at any time. Additional terms and conditions apply.
Up to $800 in Added Value on 2016 Rocky Mountaineer Vacations
Book a qualifying 2016 vacation through the Canadian Rockies onboard Rocky Mountaineer by October 30, and receive up to $800 per couple in travel credits for vacations of 7 nights or more and $500 per couple in travel credits for vacations of 4-6 nights. Use travel credits for additional hotel nights, sightseeing, meals, airport transfers and more!
- Canadian Rockies at Leisure
- Classic Canadian Rockies & Whistler
- Classic Rail Circle
- Classic Rail Vacation - Banff to Vancouver
- Classic Rail Vacation - Vancouver to Banff
- Coastal Passage Canadian Rockies Getaway
- Coastal Passage Classic Rail Circle
- Coastal Passage Western Explorer
- Golden Circle via Whistler
- Grand Rail Circle
- Journey through the Clouds Discovery Drive
- Northern Explorer
- Rainforest to Gold Rush Discovery Drive
- Rockies & Vancouver Island Circle
- Taste of the Rockies Circle
Up to $1700 in Added Value on 2016 Rail-Cruise Vacations
Book qualifying 2016 rail-cruise vacation by October 30, 2015 and receive all four of these fantastic offers:
- Free signature beverage package
- Free Pinnacle Grill dinner
- Free or reduced cruise fares for 3rd/4th guests
- 50% reduced deposit
Book a Suite and receive the above four offers PLUS $300/stateroom onboard spending credit and a free Canaletto dinner!
Qualifying vacations include:
- Empire Builder, Glacier National Park & Alaska Cruise
- Empire Builder with Alaska Cruise via Glacier Bay
- Yosemite & Denali National Parks withy Cruise
- Alaska by Land & Sea featuring 3 Nights in Denali
- Coast Starlight with Alaska Cruise via Glacier Bay
- Eastern Canada Rail & Cruise
- Canada's Rockies & Alaska Cruise
- Trans Canada By Rail & Alaska By Sea
- Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska By Sea
- Greek & Turkish Treasures
- Mediterranean Mosaic
Book Early & Get More
Book any USA or Canada rail vacation or rail-cruise package of $1,000 or more per person from the Vacations By Rail 2016 brochure, and select one of the following complimentary travel add-ons to include with your package:
- FREE pre- or post-night hotel stay
- FREE coach class connecting rail
Save up to $400 Per Person on Canada Rail Vacations
With the strength of the U.S. Dollar, there has never been a better time to visit Canada. Book a qualifying Canada rail vacation* and save up to $400 per person. Tiered savings are based on the package price:
- Save $150 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $300 per person for packages priced at $3,001 to $4000
- Save $400 per person for packages greater than $4,000
- Save $75 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $150 per person for packages prices at $3,001 to $4,000
- Save $200 per person for packages greater than $4,000
Save 5% on 2015 Europe Fall and Winter Vacations
Save 5% per person when you book a fall or winter departure of the following escorted rail tours:
Book by December 1, 2015 to take advantage of this special offer.Book and deposit a qualifying 2015 Europe Winter departure vacation to save 5% per person on the land-only portion of the core tour not including extra night accommodations, hotel upgrades, extensions, taxes, fees, tips or supplements. Booking must be made and under deposit between June 24 and December 1, 2015 for travel between August 1 and December 31, 2015. Not applicable to custom tours. Applies to new 2015 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply. May be withdrawn any time. DSCDQ
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.