See the World by Train and Save
Rail through the Canadian Rockies
The Canadian Rockies are home to stunning national parks and charming alpine towns and are hands down one of Canada’s most popular vacation destinations. And getting there is half the fun! Don’t miss out on a single sight as you embark on an all-daylight rail journey onboard the famous Rocky Mountaineer into the heart of the Canadian Rockies. A Canadian Rockies rail vacation includes not only one of the greatest rail journeys but stays in world-class destinations like Jasper National Park, Banff National Park, Lake Louise, and Calgary.
Download Rail through the Canadian Rockies for your guide to rail vacations in this sought-after destination.
New Rail-River Cruise Journeys in Europe
Five-Star. All-Inclusive. Luxury European river cruises.
Embark on the ultimate rail and river cruise experience in Europe or create your own by pairing any Scenic Cruise with a pre- or post-cruise rail package! Luxury Scenic Space-Ships glide along Europe’s famed waterways, offering unforgettable scenery at every river bend. Shore excursions offer memorable experiences as you explore historic towns and their famous sites with local guides. Dine on gourmet meals, toast to a spectacular vacation with premium drinks, and be pampered with the exclusive amenities of a personal butler and concierge service at every port.
Well-planned itineraries include:
Add your AARP member benefit to any of Vacations By Rail’s Scenic Cruises holidays
2016 Rail-Cruise Early Booking Bonus
Book a qualifying 2016 rail-cruise vacation originating in the USA or Canada and receive a free pre- or post-night hotel stay.
Qualifying vacations include:
- California Zephyr & Alaska Cruise
- California Zephyr & Hawaii Cruise
- Canada’s Rockies & Alaska Cruise
- Chicago to New Orleans & Western Caribbean Cruise
- Coast Starlight with Alaska Cruise
- Coast Starlight & the Columbia River Cruise
- Eastern Canada Rail & Cruise
- Empire Builder with Alaska Cruise
- Empire Builder, Glacier National Park & Alaska Cruise
- Journey along the Upper Mississippi
- Memphis-New Orleans Rail-River Journey
- Ohio and Mississippi River Cruise
- Pacific Northwest & Columbia River Cruise
- Quebec to Toronto along the St. Lawrence Seaway
- Rocky Mountaineer & Alaska by Sea
- Southwest Chief & Panama Canal Cruise
- Trans Canada by Rail & Alaska by Sea
- Yosemite & Denali National Parks with Cruise
Rocky Mountaineer Early Booking Bonus
Receive $1000 per couple in added value when you book a qualifying 2016 Rocky Mountaineer package of 7 nights or more by August 28, 2015.Enhance your 2016 journey through the Canadian Rockies with these enticing options:
- Extra hotel nights in Seattle, Vancouver or Calgary
- Exciting activities and sightseeing tours
- Meals, transfers and more!
Save 5% on 2015 Europe Fall and Winter Vacations
Save 5% per person when you book a fall or winter departure of the following escorted rail tours:
Book by December 1, 2015 to take advantage of this special offer.Book and deposit a qualifying 2015 Europe Winter departure vacation to save 5% per person on the land-only portion of the core tour not including extra night accommodations, hotel upgrades, extensions, taxes, fees, tips or supplements. Booking must be made and under deposit between June 24 and December 1, 2015 for travel between August 1 and December 31, 2015. Not applicable to custom tours. Applies to new 2015 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply. May be withdrawn any time. DSCDQ
Save 10% on 2016 Rail Tours
Save 10% per person when you book one of the following escorted rail tours:
- German Highlights
- Holland, Luxembourg & Belgium with Paris
- Spectacular Alaska
- Great Canadian Rail Journey
Book by September 15, 2015 to take advantage of this special offer.Book and deposit a qualifying 2016 vacation to save 10% per person on the land-only portion of the core tour not including extra night accommodations, extensions, taxes, fees, tips or supplements. Booking must be made and under deposit between June 24 and September 15, 2015 for travel in 2016. Not applicable to custom tours. Applies to new 2016 bookings only. Offer reliant on space availability. Full cancellation penalties will apply. Additional restrictions may apply. May be withdrawn any time. XXX16
2016 Europe at 2015 Prices
Book qualifying 2016 European rail vacations by September 23, 2015 and save 10% per couple! Lock in your savings today!
Qualifying vacations include:
Save $200 per person on France Rail Vacations
Save $50 per person on Fall Foliage Rail Vacations
Book the September 25 or September 26, 2015 departure of New England Fall Foliage Express and save $50 per person! Book by August 7 to take advantage of this limited time exclusive offer.Valid for new bookings only made by August 7, 2015 for September 25 and September 26, 2015 tour departures only. Offer is subject to availability. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Save more than $470 on Canadian Rockies Winter Wonderland
Book 2015/16 departures of Canadian Rockies Winter Wonderland by August 31, and save more than $470 per person!Savings is available for new 2015/16. Vacation must be booked and paid in full by August 31, 2015. Offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Save $150 on Wonderful France
Save $150 per person on fall and winter departures of Wonderful France. Book by August 31 to take advantage of this special offer.Savings is available for new 2015/16. Vacation must be booked and paid in full by August 31, 2015. Offer is subject to change and may be withdrawn at any time. Additional terms and conditions may apply.
Canada Sale Extended! Save up to $800 per couple
With the strong US Dollar, there has never been a better time to go to Canada! Book a qualifying Canada rail vacation and save up to $800 per couple on rail vacations and up to $400 per couple on Canada rail-cruise packages. Tiered savings are based on the package price.
- Save $150 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $300 per person for packages priced at $3,001 to $4000
- Save $400 per person for packages greater than $4,000
- Save $75 per person for packages priced at $1,000 to $3,000
- Save $150 per person for packages prices at $3,001 to $4,000
- Save $200 per person for packages greater than $4,000
Spring Bonus Extended! Free Additional Hotel Night
Receive a free additional hotel night in Seattle, Vancouver, or Calgary when you book a qualifying Rocky Mountaineer package of 4 nights or more in SilverLeaf, GoldLeaf, or GoldLeaf Deluxe Service. Plus, receive your choice of a city tour or an airport transfer when you select a qualifying vacation of 7 nights or more.
Fly Free to Europe
Book a standard suite on select 2016 Scenic Cruises sailings by August 31, 2015, and fly free to Europe – a savings of $3,720 per couple!Offer is available on select departures. Airline/airport taxes up to $830 per person are included. Savings of up to $3,720 per couple is based on an airfare of $1,880 per person including taxes when booking select departures in July.
Exclusive Everyday AARP Member Benefits
AARP members receive special benefits when traveling with Vacations By Rail:
- Save 5% on rail tours and train vacations in the USA, Canada, Europe and beyond aboard some of the world’s most legendary trains like the Rocky Mountaineer traveling through the Canadian Rockies, Amtrak’s Empire Builder connecting Chicago, Glacier National Park, and Seattle along a storied pioneer route through the Northern Prairies, and Europe’s luxury trains like the Venice Simplon-Orient Express, the Royal Scotsman, and the Golden Eagle Trans-Siberian Express
- Save 5% on select city-to-city regional and long-distance North American train tickets
- No service fees on European rail passes and tickets
Book With Us
Vacations By Rail’s complete product line can be found online featuring detailed itineraries and package inclusions. For additional information about any of our hundreds of rail vacations or to book, call our dedicated AARP member travel desk at 1-888-323-4200. Please have your AARP member number available to provide to us.
Why Vacations By Rail
Embark on a rail journey to the most sought-after destinations around the globe, from North America’s beautiful national parks and the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to the majestic Swiss Alps and Africa’s game reserves—and everywhere in-between. Vacations By Rail is the trusted authority on rail, offering an extensive collection of independent rail vacations, escorted train tours, rail-cruise combination packages, luxury rail journeys, and tailor-made packages.
- Well-planned itineraries combine hotel accommodations, regional sightseeing, transfers and more with an outstanding rail experience aboard legendary trains around the globe
- Exclusive AARP members travel desk staffed by knowledgeable rail specialists
- Customer care from the first point of contact through the conclusion of your vacation
- Peace of mind with Vacations By Rail’s 24-hour customer service line for passengers in-travel
Traveling with Vacations By Rail means traveling aboard some of the world’s most renowned trains.
Terms and Conditions
AARP member benefit is available for new bookings only. Proof of AARP membership is required in order to receive these exclusive savings. 5% savings on rail vacations and tours is applied to the base package price. Savings on North American train tickets is off the base rail fare. Discount is not applicable on Northeast Corridor trains and other excluded routes. Discount is combinable with pulse offers and other Vacations By Rail promotions.
AARP and its affiliates do not provide retail goods or services or discounts on such goods or services. All goods or services and discounts offered via Vacations By Rail are provided by Vacations By Rail as well as third-party suppliers. AARP and its affiliates do not endorse and are not responsible for the goods or services and discounts made available on this site. Offers are subject to change and may have restrictions. Please contact Vacations By Rail directly for full details. Vacations By Rail pays a royalty fee to AARP for the use of AARP's intellectual property. These fees are used for the general purposes of AARP.