Expert Advice, News, Tour Resources & More - Destination Spotlight - Canada
Vacations By Rail's Expert Advice, News, Tour Resources & More keeps you up to date with all the latest exciting train vacation and train tour options available throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Beyond.
Scenic Rail Routes through the Pacific Northwest and the Canadian Rockies onboard Rocky Mountaineer
The Canadian Rockies is brimming with unmatched scenery. Between the majestic mountain peaks of the Rockies and deep turquoise waters of Lake Louise to endless expanses of unbridled nature in its rawest form in Jasper and Banff, there is no better way to travel to and through the heart of this beauty than by train.
The Canadian Rockies is brimming with unmatched scenery. Between the majestic mountain peaks of the Rockies and deep turquoise waters of Lake Louise to endless expanses of unbridled nature in its rawest form in Jasper and Banff, there is no better way to travel to and through the heart of this beauty than by train. Step onboard Rocky Mountaineer for the unique all-daylight journey across each colorful mile into the Canadian Rockies. Select one of five different routes—or travel more than one to compare and contrast the sights along each route.
- First Passage to the West – Looking for some history along with natural beauty? First Passage to the West carries history buffs on a breathtaking route past pivotal spots in Canadian history, including the Spiral Tunnels as well as the celebrated Last Spike of the Canadian Pacific Railway. Rugged mountains and raging rivers showcase the grand, often terrifying power of nature, and stand testimony to the marvels of engineering and human will.
- Journey Through the Clouds – Get ready for some of the most stunning views in Canada. Journey through the Clouds takes you past the highest peaks of the Canadian Rockies, to remote vistas and scenic valleys. You’ll travel through the Fraser Canyon, the Albreda Icefields, and alongside Pyramid Falls, and perhaps spot eagles, bears, and other wildlife as you travel between Vancouver and Jasper via Kamloops.
- Rainforest to Gold Rush – For an exciting rail adventure, hop on the Rainforest to Gold Rush route, which takes you through rugged landscapes and deep canyons between Vancouver and Jasper via the town of Quesnel. You’ll pass by the largest temperate rainforest in the world, delve into the heart of Fraser Canyon, and journey through the Rocky Mountain Trench, among other highlights.
- Coastal Passage – Linking Seattle to Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies, the Coastal Passage route is ideal for those planning a spectacular natural journey with cosmopolitan flair. Guests enjoy a journey along the Pacific Ocean’s sparkling coastline, as well as visits to Seattle, Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies.
- Circle Journeys – For the traveler who wants to see it all, a Circle Journey onboard Rocky Mountaineer lets guests experience 2 or 3 rail routes in one vacation.Circle Journeys provide the most rail days and are the perfect choice if “see everything” is on your list.Get ready to gasp at the blue green waters of Lake Louise in Banff National Park and journey to Jasper’s epic icefields and wildlife-packed plateaus.If you want it all, all is exactly what you’ll get.Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, an urban touch or a more rugged experience, there is a Rocky Mountaineer route and a collection of well-planned vacations for you.